Seamless, color balanced mosaic dataset

10-16-2020 08:58 AM
Sheen_EiseleLenon
New Contributor

I am trying to color balance the rasters inside my mosaic dataset (in an ArcGIS Pro environment) to create a seamless output. However, I am having difficulty in doing so. Is there a documentation I can refer to? Or some tips and tricks? Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Sheen - have you tried the Color Balance Mosaic Dataset GP tool in the Data Management Toolset?  What is the result?

0 Kudos
Sheen_EiseleLenon
New Contributor

Hi Robert. Yeah, I have tried that and the result is awful. I'm currently testing with just two images.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmm...we're all the prerequisites mentioned in the tool webpage true with your images?

0 Kudos
Sheen_EiseleLenon
New Contributor

Yes to all the prerequisites.

I'm trying to color balance images taken from different date of captures. 

0 Kudos
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you provide some samples. It may be due to you not masking out extreme colors.

0 Kudos
Sheen_EiseleLenon
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

Here's how the mosaic looks like. The highlighted line is my seamline.

Here

Here's the mosaic when the seamline is unchecked:Mosaic - when the seamline is unchecked

The mosaic looks ok.

- Blend width: 50

- Blend type: both

However, when I export the mosaic, the image looks like this: Exported mosaic

Any suggestions on how I can improve this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Looks like there is a significant difference in the contrasts enhancement of the two images and they appear to be taken on very different dates. Visually the results can be improved by reducing the contrast (stretch), but they might also loose details. Check the stretch being applied before color correction. This could improve it a bit. It also looks like the blend parameter is missing from the export. Check that 'resolve overlap' is set to blend before export.

0 Kudos
Sheen_EiseleLenon
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

Yes the images were taken on different dates. I'm trying to mosaic them to patch for the cloud cover on one of the images. 

Where can I see the resolve overlap before exporting the image? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Sheen_EiseleLenon
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

Found the resolve overlap setting.   I will try and see if there will be changes in my mosaic. Thanks again.

0 Kudos