Ridiculous Error Message: Spatial References

06-04-2010 11:33 AM
BrendanDwyer
Occasional Contributor
Error: Cannot transform the footprint from raster spatial reference ('NAD_1983_UTM_Zone_16N') to default client spatial reference ('NAD_1983_UTM_Zone_16N').

Trying to create an Image Service Definition and I get the error message above.  This is supposed to be a test service and I can't get it running.  Going through some of the forums I came across this KB article.

http://resources.arcgis.com/content/kbase?fa=articleShow&d=33462

The solutions offered are:
    * Change the coordinate system of the service to match the coordinate system of the images.
    * Reproject the images to the desired coordinate system and recreate the service with the same coordinate system.

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm dealing with thousands of images, so I can't reproject them.  Am I missing something easy?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrendanDwyer
Occasional Contributor
btw I get this error message no matter what default client spatial reference I choose. 

I guess this means Image Server doesn't like something about the rasters I'm using, but ArcMap and ArcCatalog can display them fine.
0 Kudos
MarceloBorsoi
New Contributor
What is the extension of the images? I had the same problem with MrSID, so I created the image services with the option ArcGIS Raster Datasets (in the Image Service >  Advanced > Add Raster Dataset). Works fine, but the error is ridiculous.
0 Kudos