Renamed/Recreate Mosaic Dataset

08-23-2011 11:00 AM
CynthiaMatney
New Contributor
I apparently have done something you are not supposed to do. I renamed a mosaic dataset  w/in my sde - now the sde doesn't show either the renamed mosaic (Aerials2010_old) nor the old mosaic (Aerials2010). 

So, I thought I'd recreate the mosaic and call it the original name - but when I go to create the mosaic dataset it tells me that the table already exisits [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: There is already an object named 'AMD_AERIALS2010_CAT' in the database].

Any ideas?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MelanieHarlow
Esri Contributor
It unfortunately looks like your mosaic dataset got corrupted. This particular issue has appeared before, but should have been fixed in the service packs.
Unfortunately, there's no fix for your original mosaic dataset. I would delete any of those AMD_* items, get the latest service pack, and recreate your mosaic dataset with a new name.
0 Kudos
CynthiaMatney
New Contributor
That is what I was afraid of - I actually went ahead and recreated the mosaic dataset.  However, I am not sure how to delete the AMD items as I cannot see them w/in the sde.
0 Kudos
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor
Yes when data is corrupted, some tables will be left in the geodatabase which ArcCatalog won't be able to see. There is a workaround (a registery key setting) which allows you to see the tables and delete them. Please contact Esri technical support to get the detail steps.

Hong
0 Kudos
ChadRiley
New Contributor II
Hello, we have the same problem, can we just delete the AMD_* tables using SQL Management Tools?  Do we need to delete any records out of the SDE_layers table, or any other tables in SDE?

Thanks,
Chad
0 Kudos