Register Image Server Extension in 10.1

07-03-2012 07:46 AM
ScottLamon1
Occasional Contributor
I've registered the license file for the image server extension in 10.1, but I still cannot publish image services.  I get an error saying the extension is not available.
In 9.3.1 I had to activate the image server, but I can't find any such option in 10.1 and ESRI help (as usual) is pathetic.

How am I supposed to add the extension and get it working?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MelanieHarlow
Esri Contributor
There isn't a separate Image Server Extension file at 10.1. The same license file that you use to register/license ArcGIS Server should also contain any extensions. All extensions are shown in the registration process. You may want to examine your license file to be sure there is an Image Extension within it.

Are you trying to publish Image Service Definition files (*.ISCDefs). That were created with the Service Editor in ArcMap as part of the ArcGIS Image Server (aka Image Server Extension). These are not supported in 10.1. You need to migrate these files to mosaic datasets. To learn about this, see the migration topic.
0 Kudos
ScottLamon1
Occasional Contributor
We received a separate license file for the image server extension.  It has been registered, but I am still unable to publish image services. I get an error saying "The image extension is not licensed on the ArcGIS Server."
0 Kudos
ScottLamon1
Occasional Contributor
I am also using mosaiced datasets created in SDE 10.1.
0 Kudos
ScottLamon1
Occasional Contributor
It turns out we had a corrupted Image Server license file.
0 Kudos
zafaralam2
New Contributor

I published a image server and create cache file first two days working OK but after that giving error image server license is not valid

0 Kudos