Recent Imagery

11-13-2020 10:45 AM
KaitlynBurgess
New Contributor II

Hi all-

I'm looking for high resolution imagery or aerials from 2020 in Virginia.  The area I'm interested in will not flow by the state for several years.

I looked at sentinel explorer but that isn't clear enough.  Is there anything else?  Google looks up to date but I don't think there is a work around for that yet?  I am open to purchasing imagery if needed, can you recommend any providers?

Thank you!

Kaitlyn

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CoreyPlank1
New Contributor III

Check earthexplorer.usgs.gov for aerial imagery, satellite, shuttle radar, etc.  NAIP imagery (flown every 3 years) is included there.  Google, Esri, and other providers usually show multiple scales of imagery from a variety of sources.  Dates of the visible imagery will change as you zoom in and out.  Some of the same imagery you see there is available for free on EarthExplorer.  They also purchase high resolution imagery from sources like Planet, Maxar, and Apollo Mapping to fill in areas.  What you see is processed imagery to create a continuous orthoimage that looks nice, and it may not be suitable for accurately locating objects.

0 Kudos