Receiving Error 000210 when running the LAS Dataset To Raster in ArcGIS Pro

08-06-2020 01:19 PM
MatthewBeal
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to use some old LiDAR data the create a raster which I will then use to create contours for our county. Another hurdle I have to clear is that the LiDAR data is in meters, but I'm looking to create contours in feet. Not really sure how to make that conversion either.  Here is the geoprocessing results window:

I will admit that I have not used LiDAR or raster data very much, so it is very possible that I could just be doing something wrong or using a wrong setting. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best, 

Matt

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

It is likely in this case that the original data is in decimal degrees  (GCS) and you are using a cellsize of 10 which results in the output being a 1x1 cell that can’t be created. If this is the case first project LAS to the required projection. Note that NOAA typically distributes lidar in GCS.

0 Kudos
MatthewBeal
Occasional Contributor III

This LiDAR is indeed from NOAA and the data is in GCS. As far as the cell size, I honeslty just left it as default because I wasn't really sure what to use. How would I determine the appropriate cell size? Additionally, how would I go about projecting the LAS data? I have around 300 LAS tiles. 

I appreciate your help on this issue!

0 Kudos