Raster Type: World View 2 mosaic renders as dark image

05-16-2012 09:52 AM
DwayneDick
New Contributor II
Loaded images from directory and subdirectory of files, which included MS and PAN files. I took the default options on the raster type World View 2. The mosaic appears to have worked as my mosaic is at the resolution of my pan, but my colors seem to be off and is very dark. Tried changing the various methods IHS, ESRI, Brovey and simple mean and neither get me a true color pansharpened image. Can somebody recommend a set of parameters? I've tried just about everything

Thanks,
Dwayne
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor
This issue is that the imagery is 16bit an it appears that you have not specified any stretch. By default with no stretch being specified the display is stretching all 65535 to 256 values and so since the image has about 4096 (12bit) values the image appears dark. You need to either when you are adding the imagery define a stretch, compute stats for the services (in which case the system will by default stretch when adding to ArcMap) else in ArcMap go to the layer properties and set the stretch to say Standard Deviation based on current display extent.
0 Kudos
DwayneDick
New Contributor II
THANKS !! Peter

That did the trick, now my next step is to add this source mosaic to a time series mosaic that already contains color & BW images. First image time_series.jpg already has a color image for 2010. When I add the new image for 2012 that I fixed from the post, it comes out green, even if I set up band extract for each of the images in source mosaic. any ideas how to fix this?

Dwayne
0 Kudos