Raster Projection Issue in ArcPad

Jump to solution
04-24-2015 06:32 AM
OliviaBrown2
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have always exported TIFs to JP2 format to use in ArcPad with much success.  Now, using ArcPad 10.3, when I export any TIFs to JP2 to use in ArcPad, the projection information is lost.  Is this a known issue?  Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JuanLuera
Occasional Contributor III

Hola Olivia,

I wanted to let you know, that I have tested this issue you described within ArcMap 10.3 with ArcPad 10.2.2. I was able to reproduce this issue you described, and I have gone ahead and logged this with our development team. I am including the bug information, and the location where this bug’s status can be tracked. We appreciate you brining this issue to our attention, please post any other issue’s you may encounter. Gracias, Olivia!

BUG-000087355-Checking out TIF’s to JPEG2000 format with the ArcPad Data Manager Toolbar in ArcMap, will not render the JP2 within ArcPad 10.2.2.

MyEsri
https://my.esri.com/welcome

Juan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JuanLuera
Occasional Contributor III

Hola Olivia,

I wanted to let you know, that I have tested this issue you described within ArcMap 10.3 with ArcPad 10.2.2. I was able to reproduce this issue you described, and I have gone ahead and logged this with our development team. I am including the bug information, and the location where this bug’s status can be tracked. We appreciate you brining this issue to our attention, please post any other issue’s you may encounter. Gracias, Olivia!

BUG-000087355-Checking out TIF’s to JPEG2000 format with the ArcPad Data Manager Toolbar in ArcMap, will not render the JP2 within ArcPad 10.2.2.

MyEsri
https://my.esri.com/welcome

Juan

0 Kudos
ChristopherHarwood
New Contributor II

Hi Juan

I have experienced projection issues with ArcPad also. In my case it is due to the projection name, 'GDA_1994_MGA_Zone_50', being renamed 'GDA_1994_MGA_zone_50'. The change from a capital Z to lower-case z throws ArcPad and the raster is shoved off into space.

Why or how this occurs is a mystery, but it doesn't always affect all rasters loaded into the same ArcPad map file. The rasters are jp2 files converted from ecw.

Good luck with solving this one!

Regards

Chris H

0 Kudos