"User is not licensed to use Drone2Map" error

Jump to solution
01-04-2019 01:23 PM
KellyPilarski
New Contributor III

I have been unable to open Drone2Map due to an authentication error. We used the program about 3 weeks ago, and  it was running fine. I double checked my Portal licences, and the user that is attempting to log-in has a confirmed license associated to the login in. 

Drone2Map erroruser authorization

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Hi Kelly

I'm Adam I work with the support team. Here is our Contact information if you wanted to get a ticket opened with us. 

Some things that might help troubleshoot in the meantime:

1) Is this a Trial Licence or has the licence expired? 

-  The My Esri web page can identify the status of your licences, and Customer service can help provision a new licence if needed. 

2) Could this be a problem where the client cannot access the portal, I.e. an issue where the user who is attempting to sign into Drone2Map is outside of your network using Portal. 

- A simple test is to Install Drone2map  and sign in on the same computer where the licence was originally assigned.

- Note doing the install from the main product page will ensure your testing the latest version. 

3) We can try to Unassigned the license then assign the licence to another user to test. 

I hope something here helps!

-Adam

View solution in original post

10 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Kelly

This should be resolved by our Tech Support staff...  Can you log an incident with them?  Support@esri.com

I'll notify them you are 'inbound'

Cody

0 Kudos
KellyPilarski
New Contributor III

Do I need to log a case or just simply e-mail?

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

You should log a case - I'm hoping they can resolve it quickly

Cody B. 

0 Kudos
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Hi Kelly

I'm Adam I work with the support team. Here is our Contact information if you wanted to get a ticket opened with us. 

Some things that might help troubleshoot in the meantime:

1) Is this a Trial Licence or has the licence expired? 

-  The My Esri web page can identify the status of your licences, and Customer service can help provision a new licence if needed. 

2) Could this be a problem where the client cannot access the portal, I.e. an issue where the user who is attempting to sign into Drone2Map is outside of your network using Portal. 

- A simple test is to Install Drone2map  and sign in on the same computer where the licence was originally assigned.

- Note doing the install from the main product page will ensure your testing the latest version. 

3) We can try to Unassigned the license then assign the licence to another user to test. 

I hope something here helps!

-Adam

LuisLaredo
New Contributor II

Hello,

It seems this was a problem with 1.3.1 and still present 1.3.2 in our environment.  And it was a clash with ArcGIS Pro 2.2.4 being installed.  From our local documentation:

"After much experimentation, it has been identified that the problem is caused by the registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Licensing\ARC_PRO_AUTH_TYPE, which is set to STANDARD.
Removal of this registry value after the Pro installation allows Drone2Map to launch normally again. Re-adding it re-introduces the Drone2Map failure.  This fixes version 1.3.2 too."

I'm trying to find information about it being an official bug, but haven't found any yet.  (I did find this question though).  But trying it elsewhere, might perhaps help.

. Luis

0 Kudos
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Hi Luis, 

Thank you for adding the note about the Pro registry key to this discussion and glad that helped. Oddly I did test switching my key to STANDARD, but was unable to replicate the error Drone2Map 1.3.2.232 + AGOL and ArcGIS Pro named User licencing model. 

I'm not positive this is the same issue Kelly Pilarski‌ has encountered, I became aware a support ticket was created for them, and was resolved on Jan 23 by a provisioning file to authorize Drone2Map in Portal for ArcGIS

Luis, I'm curious how the ArcGIS Pro Registry is showing "STANDARD"  Is that because Pro is using concurrent licencing and not named user?

-Adam

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Luis situation is likely different from Kelly's.  Luis situation would only affect a Concurrent User licensing type.  Perhaps  following might explain it.   

Key points:

Drone2Map is currently designed to use Advanced license.  

Drone2Map and Pro reads the license setting from the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive.  

Luis mentioned he changed the setting in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Licensing\ARC_PRO_AUTH_TYPE

Changes made here should not affect Pro or Drone2Map unless its in this unique situation.

If you do a silent install of ArcGIS Pro and defined the 3 parameters, ESRI_LICENSE_HOST, SOFTWARE_CLASS and AUTHORIZATION TYPE, it creates a license setting in the H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hive.  It also creates a LOCK_AUTH_SETTING which is set to true.  What does this mean?  When you start ArcGIS Pro, it will look to the license setting in H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  and copy it to the H_KEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive and open Pro using that setting.  Because Drone2Map licensing mechanism is ported from Pro, it will likely share the same feature.  It is possible Luis has this configured on his machine.  If he changed the ARCPRO_AUTH_TYPE in H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to STANDARD, it is likely copied to the H_KEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive.  Pro will attempt to use a Standard license and fail.  It can only use the Advanced license.  

In any other installation option, Pro will look to the license setting in H_KEY_CURRENT_USER.  If there is a previous setting, it will use that setting.  If there is no none, it will create a default setting.  

0 Kudos
Zatil_HoesnaChe_Nazir
Esri Contributor

Hi Kelly Pilarski

Just wondering if this issue resolved already? I'm having the same thing here and it's a dead end. 

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you

0 Kudos
KellyPilarski
New Contributor III

Yes, we had to go in and remove the licence and all the associated files and then go in and reinstall it on our portal site. 

0 Kudos