Python script to automate color balancing on orthophotos dataset

05-12-2015 01:00 PM
TahirTamba1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am looking for a python script that allows me to automate the color balancing of a raster dataset consisting of over 300 orthophoto tiles. I want through the script adjust both parameters on orthophotos: contrast and brightness. Anyone has an idea how can I accomplish this task by using the arcpy python module or Model Builer?

Thank you

Regards.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Have you explored the arcpy.mapping.Layer object's brightness and contrast properties?

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

Are you trying to do this within a Map Document for display purposes?

If you you can use the arcpy mapping module, add the layer and change the layer display properties to control contrast and brightness.

Arcpy Mapping Module ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Arcpy Layer see properties brightness and contrast ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

To alter the images themselves, you are likely going to have to wade into the PIL library.

0 Kudos
TahirTamba1
New Contributor III

Hi Darren,

Thank you for answering to my question... Yes I'll give it a try but actually I'm getting some trouble with my ArcGIS Desktop install at office. I cannot actually working with this yet until my ArcGIS Desktop come back. I'll be back to you as soon as my desktop licence work...

Regards

PS. The purpose of this task is obviouslly  alering images.

0 Kudos