Publishing WMS-T from mosaic dataset

Jump to solution
06-08-2021 07:21 AM
GerardMartin
Occasional Contributor

I have a Mosaic Dataset  with 18 TIFF files (single band, 32bit float. no colormap) corresponding to the same area for different epochs: image_year1, image_year2, ....  

I have published this MosaicDataset with ArcGIS Pro 2.5 > Catalog > MosaicDataset>  Share as Web Layer (Reference registered data, Imagery Layer Type & WMS) 

I can not find any parameter about configuring time in publishing parameters. Where do I define temporal attributes for this raster data to create a WMS-T service?

Some time ago, with this raster data, I have created a WMS-T service directly with mapserver (ms4w) with .map configuration files and tileindex.shp, but I don't know how to publish this service from arcgis pro 2.5 to Enterprise 10.8 & Image service

I have seen this example, https://livingatlas2.arcgis.com/landsatantarcticexplorer/ so I guess that it is not impossible 🙂 ... so, please, what I missing in this process? How do I have to define time parameters? Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GerardMartin
Occasional Contributor

Finally, I can consume WMS-T service generated from ArcGIS Pro (with Catalog) rewriting by hand some time parameters in  capabilities XML file.

I can consume this service with QGIS 3.4 (Time Manager plugin) and ArcMap 10.* (Time Slider), but it can not be consumed by ArcGIS Pro 2.5

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GerardMartin
Occasional Contributor

Only to be more precise: mosaic dataset has defined start_date and end_date fields, and timeslider works perfect in ArcGIS Pro 2.5

So, how to publish WMS service with this MosaicDataset to use time parameter? Maybe, with some Python API script? Thank you!

0 Kudos
GerardMartin
Occasional Contributor

I have manage MapViewer (AE 10.8) to take into account the temporal range of each image when I share MosaicDataset as Imagery Layer, but still doesn't work for WMS service

0 Kudos
GerardMartin
Occasional Contributor

Finally, I can consume WMS-T service generated from ArcGIS Pro (with Catalog) rewriting by hand some time parameters in  capabilities XML file.

I can consume this service with QGIS 3.4 (Time Manager plugin) and ArcMap 10.* (Time Slider), but it can not be consumed by ArcGIS Pro 2.5

0 Kudos