Publishing managed raster catalogs

04-20-2012 10:08 AM
AllisonAnderson
New Contributor III
I have ArcGIS Server with the Image Extension and am trying to publish a managed raster catalog from SDE.  I have created a referenced mosaic catalog, but when I publish that, I am not able to access the footprints or attribute table.  Using ArcGIS Manager, under the Parameters tab, all of the tabs are greyed out.  Am I missing something?   Or is it not possible to publish a catalog that is managed vs. unmanaged?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelanieHarlow
Esri Contributor
The answer is yes, you can publish a referenced mosaic dataset that is referencing a raster catalog (managed or unmanged).

Did your image service start?
Can you see the imagery in the image service in your display?
You cannot change the properties of a running image service (that's why the tabs are grayed out). Please stop it, then access the properties to change them.
You should be able to see the attribute table and footprints. Could you see these in the referenced mosaic dataset, or were there problems.
To access the attribute table, add the image service to ArcMap, right-click the layer an click Open Attribute Table. Do you have this option?
To turn on the footprints, open the layer properties in ArcMap, click the Display tab and check on the option to display the footprints.
0 Kudos
AllisonAnderson
New Contributor III
Melanie,

Yes, the image service did start and I can view it in ArcMap after adding it via REST.  When I stop the service, the Image, Catalog, Download... tabs are still greyed out in Manager.  Under the Capability tab, Catalog and Download are not checked and I'm not able to check them.

If I add the Referenced Mosaic directly to ArcMap from SDE, I can see the footprints and open the attribute table.  None of those are options for the Image Service (via Layer Properties or right click).

Is there something special that needs to be done when creating the raster catalog and referenced mosiac to get it to work?  I've been successful using a file gdb, but not through SDE. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos