Project Raster error 000151 on Landsat images

11-14-2017 12:41 AM
deleted-user-kYYFxI6rR0-2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have been trying to project Landsat imagery to Albers Conical Equal Area and I keep getting error 000151 geotransformation is not valid. Also, if I try to run the tool again any attempt to select a geotransformation results in a blank field and I need to restart the program or try a new file to get the option to work again.

I originally tried this with an NDVI I created with the raster calculator but have retried it with the original band images, band images from a separate Landsat file, and a composite image with all bands. I have also tried using a new blank map in case there was a glitch in the one I was using and tried projecting to a different coordinate system and neither worked. I have left the geographic transformation unselected, used WGS1984_ITRF00)_TO_NAD_1983 and WGS1984_ITRF00)_TO_NAD_1983_HARN + NAD_1983_TO_HARN_CA_S. Also, I tried creating a mosaic dataset with the Albers Conical Equal Area projection but ran into the bug error 8004205f.

I am trying to get the imagery into a projected system that I can use for fine scale area comparison so I am not set on Albers Conical Equal Area if I can get another one to work that is applicable to the state of California.....

I am using ArcMap 10.5.1 on Windows 10......

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shani

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the coordinate system of the Landsat images that you have?

Did you try to reproject it to

WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere
WKID: 3857 Authority: EPSG

Any concern with the above projection system?

Think Location
0 Kudos
New Contributor II

The data is in WGS_1984_Albers. It will project to WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere. I am trying to get to a national or state level, equal area projection and WGS 84 is still on a global level. It seems like it really doesn't want to convert from WGS 84 to NAD 83...

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Update: I found a work around. Projected to plain WGS_1984 Geographic Coordinate System and then projected to Albers_Conical_Equal_Area. Two steps and it works.