Problems with version 2.0.0

07-09-2019 06:24 AM
DamianoMorosi1
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I just downloaded the brand new Drone2Map 2.0.0 and I've encountered some problems or missing functionalities. I'm asking here just to verify that I'm not the only one.

• When I try to configure a Portal connection, I get an error (see below picture #1). ArcGIS Online connection is working correctly
  • When I try to share a product, I can't get anymore the project name as a default for the layer name. This is a true problem when you have a lot of users and contents since each user coul potentially pick a different name for the same thing. See picture #2
  • Suddenly, Drone2Map crashes near the end of a processing (2 times over 3 tests so far, 2d only) and ALWAYS when I try to share a feature service
  • By default, Drone2Map uses ALL the availbale CPUs giving me an unusable workstation for some hours. It could be better to start at a half of the whole CPUs availble.

Any help appreciated!

Damiano

Picture #1

Picture #2

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

Damiano,

For portals that are 10.7 or earlier there needs to be an additional configuration step applied to the portal in order to license Drone2Map 2.0. Please see this article for more details: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000021180

We will look at adding the project name to the shared projects by default for the next release.

For the crashes, please submit your crash dumps so we can take a look. In the meantime please contact support so they can log a support case. 

We will look at adding a default setting to control the CPU used by default when the app starts up for the next release.

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
DamianoMorosi1
New Contributor II

Hi Anthony,

thank you very much. Dumps have been sent, you should be able to find them yet. I will try to replicate the error when sharing and open a ticket.

One more question: if I configure the Portal to work with version 2.0, will version 1.3.2 continue to work?

Thanks

Damiano

0 Kudos
AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

Thanks Damiano.

The configuration of portal for Drone2Map 2.0 will not affect previous versions of Drone2Map.

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos