Problem getting services

01-05-2012 11:12 AM
KevinReeves
New Contributor
I am not sure if this is an image server question or a desktop question.  We have an end user in one of our member agencies that is having trouble getting services from our image server.  She is running ArcInfo 10 SP3 on Windows XP.  She added the 'add image server connection' button to her tool bar to be able to look at our orthos.  The problem is, when she types in our IP address and hits the 'get services' button, she gets a fatal error message and ArcMap shuts down.  This also happens if she tries to open an existing map with orthos in it.  No one else in her office is having this problem.  I got her to ping our image server, and she could hit it.  This has me stumped as I have never seen just one end user have a problem like this.  I am assuming it is something on her box, but I am not sure what to look for.  Has anyone else run into this problem or shed some insight on this?  Does image server have a max. number of connections that it will allow?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
I would recommend calling Support to create an incident, since it sounds like the problem is with all rasters.  There could be issues with that particular profile, or if there is something else interfering with the display of the rasters.  There should not be a limit from Image Server that will cause this issue.
0 Kudos