Problem creating grayscale basemaps from arcgis online basemaps

07-05-2018 11:31 AM
Labels (1)
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to create a grayscale basemap from an ArcGIS Online basemap (the National Geographic basemap) following this blog (by Rajinder Nagi of Esri, dated November 19, 2011).  I have followed the steps and can get to the 'Add Rasters to Mosaic Dataset' step with success.  In this tool there is a prompt for 'Raster Dataset,' from which one is to select 'Web Services' from the drop down list.  From there you can then select 'arcgis on services.arcgisonline.com' as the Source.  The 'Web Services' choice is not in the Raster Type drop down list.  At this point and to continue on with the blog steps, I recall choosing 'Map Service' as the Raster Type.  I was able to create the gray-shaded map which looks great.  However, I cannot figure out how to set/publish (if that is what's needed) the map as a new basemap and have it available in the listing of Basemaps in AGOL and Pro.  Back in September 2014, another user brought up this same issue in GeoNet, but there were no replies to the user's request for help.  I have run the blog steps in Pro and ArcMap.  Any help/information on how to do this would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies