Orthoimagery Raster Convert: GeoTiff to MRF Batch

Jump to solution
05-21-2021 06:48 AM
Todd_Metzler
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have access to nearly all Esri ArcGIS Platforms.  Enterprise, Desktop, On Line.

What tool may I use to batch convert a collection of ortho raster in tif to mrf?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

If you have large volumes of data I would suggest you take a look at OptimizeRasters. This is a set of tools specifically designed to enable such conversion at scale. This provides a GPTool that runs in Pro , but can also be scripted in the command line. The tool has been used for the conversion of many PetaBytes of data. One of the reasons to convert to MRF is typically to make use of the optimization available in using Raster Proxies that improve access performance by caching previously accessed tiles locally. The documentation provided explained how this can be set up.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ke1905
by
New Contributor
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

If you have large volumes of data I would suggest you take a look at OptimizeRasters. This is a set of tools specifically designed to enable such conversion at scale. This provides a GPTool that runs in Pro , but can also be scripted in the command line. The tool has been used for the conversion of many PetaBytes of data. One of the reasons to convert to MRF is typically to make use of the optimization available in using Raster Proxies that improve access performance by caching previously accessed tiles locally. The documentation provided explained how this can be set up.

Todd_Metzler
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you Peter, that's the answer I was looking for.

Todd

0 Kudos