Oriented imagery toolbox, add images to oriented imagery catalog

Jump to solution
01-03-2021 02:55 PM
MatthewC
New Contributor II

I recently updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.7.  I also updated the oriented imagery plug in 2.5 and the updated oriented imagery geoprocessing toolbox.  I create a local project with a map (2D), I add the oriented imagery toolbox to my project, I then use the toolbox Create Oriented Imagery Catalog, that works fine the two feature classes are created for Exposure Points and Coverage Map.  Then I use the oriented imagery geoprocessing tool box to try and add images to oriented imagery catalog.  I choose the OIC from the drop down list, input type is folder, I point to a network share folder (same one that I have been uses in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 just fine), file filter is .jpg, I'm leaving DEM blank, i'm setting the imagery type to: Drone Oblique Camera.  Then I click Run. The process runs with no error shows but never progresses and doesn't stop.  If I try to stop the process it won't stop and I have to force close ArcGIS Pro with Windows Task Manager.  Any ideas?

Matt Shellenberger

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abhiataero
New Contributor
7 Replies
kushagra_patel
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

We are looking into this issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Interesting... I am seeing the same issue ArcGIS Pro 2.7 In the Messages just hangs with "Calling Folder"

I see in the log file there is an error on the GDAL references

C:\\Program Files\\ArcGIS\\Pro\\bin\\gdalplugins

ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\\Program Files\\ArcGIS\\Pro\\bin\\gdalplugins\\gdal_JP2KAK.dll\r\n127: The specified procedure could not be found.\r\r\n\r\n

Which is repeated for every entry in this folder.

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Esri have identified this as a problem and will supply a fix shortly

abhiataero
New Contributor
MatthewC
New Contributor II

Thanks, I was able to pull the updated GPTools and that fixed my issue. 

0 Kudos
sini
by
New Contributor

Good afternoon this problem seems to have come back with the upgrade to ArcPro 2.8. Are there going to be some new tools created to support  2.8? Issues I am having are:

Can't create OIC in Pro 2.8 I get the following error:

Create Oriented Imagery Catalog
=====================
Parameters

Catalog Name panotest
Output Geodatabase D:\Projects\pano360\Pano360_test\Pano360_test.gdb
Catalog Coordinate System PROJCS["WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere",GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137.0,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0],UNIT["Degree",0.0174532925199433]],PROJECTION["Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere"],PARAMETER["False_Easting",0.0],PARAMETER["False_Northing",0.0],PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",0.0],PARAMETER["Standard_Parallel_1",0.0],PARAMETER["Auxiliary_Sphere_Type",0.0],UNIT["Meter",1.0]]
Description wintergate road 360 images
Tags OrientedImagery
Copyright snigh
=====================
Start Time: 16 May 2021 14:12:35
Update Available. Please read C:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\Scripts\CheckForUpdate.json
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 242, in execute
File "<string>", line 118, in logParameters
File "C:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\Scripts\SolutionsLog\logger.py", line 149, in Message
print (_message) # if a client side msgCallback has been set.
ValueError: embedded null character

Failed to execute (CreateOrientedImageCatalog).
Failed at 16 May 2021 14:12:35 (Elapsed Time: 0.03 seconds)

OIC catalogs created in a previous versions can be loaded into Pro, however I can't access the OIC tool menu in the ribbon (it doesn't appear).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
abhiataero
New Contributor

@sini the fix for supporting Pro 2.8 is been updated, please download the the recent version of the Tools

0 Kudos