Oriented Imagery Catalog Publish error

07-15-2020 05:00 PM
Labels (1)
KrisianRodriguez
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to publish an Oriented Imagery Catalog onto Enterprise Portal and I get this error:

Running script PublishOrientedImageCatalog...
Installed version is the latest version.
Publishing Exposure Points.
Published Exposure Points.
Uploading Coverage Map..
Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
Completed script Publish Oriented Imagery Catalog...
Failed to execute (PublishOrientedImageCatalog).

I went through the tutorial using the Esri sample data and my own project data and I get the same error message at the end.

Any thoughts on any work arounds?

thanks

Kris.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Randall_XavierRebello
Esri Contributor

HI Krisian, 

Sorry that you are facing this issue. However for me to help I would like some more info from you please. 

Can you tell me.. 

1. Do you have the latest version of OIC Management GPTools?  There was a release a few days ago. 

2. What is your version of ArcGIS Pro? 

3. What is your version of Portal? 

In addition to that.. if you look in c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\logs you will find xml files that begin with PublishOrientedImageryCatalog followed by a date suffix. Please send me the log file that corresponds to that date that you faced this error. If you are not sure you can open the log and see the error messages and send me the correct one. 

As a last test to rule out that there is anything wrong with the actual OIC file that you are trying to publish.. you can drag and drop the OIC file in JSONLint - The JSON Validator \or any similar site or utility that you are comfortable with. I just need to be sure that the json structure of the OIC file is proper.  

Looking forward to your reply. 

Randall 

0 Kudos
KrisianRodriguez
New Contributor

Hi Randall,

Thanks for replying back so quickly.

1. Do you have the latest version of OIC Management GPTools? There was a release a few days ago.

Yes. We downloaded the update on the 9th July 2020

1. What is your version of ArcGIS Pro?

I’m working on ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2

1. What is your version of Portal?

10.6.1 (build 9270)

I’ve been working with the sample Esri OIC and our own project data. The error returned is the same. The JSON validator says the “Valid JSON”

Xml log file attached as requested.

Many thanks.

Krisian Rodriguez

0 Kudos
Randall_XavierRebello
Esri Contributor

Hi Kris

The issue here is the version of Enterprise that you are using. OIC support came to enterprise 10.7.1. If you look at the release notes for the GP tools you will see the following...

"The Publishing Oriented Imagery Catalog now supports publishing to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1+ (local portal)."

One solution would be to update your portal to 10.7.1 or higher, or publish to ArcGIS online.

If there is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Randall

0 Kudos
SoukainaMENJEL
New Contributor

Hi,

i have portal with version 10.8, and when i publish my catalog it gives me that should upgrade portal cause it was with version 10.7, i don't understand what does it.

0 Kudos