No version 9.4 entry exists for IMAGESERV registration

02-08-2010 11:02 AM
MikeGregotski
Esri Contributor
Hi,

Has anyone had a problem licensing ArcGIS Image Server?

I've installed it from the ArcGIS Image Server 9.4 Beta 2 DVD but when trying to license the product using the instructions here: http://resourcesbeta.esri.com/conten...rver-licensing the attached error message is returned. Clicking yes states:

"No version 9.4 entry exists for IMAGESERV registration ECP298341052"

We have tried this on two machines and got the same error.

I've just contacted service@esri.com but I wanted to see if this happened to anyone else.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristopherRusanowski
New Contributor III
I know of 3 people (counting myself) that have encountered this.

After more than an hour on the phone with customer support, I was told they were going to log a bug.

To date, I have heard of no one that has authorized Image Server yet.  If anyone has managed to get this to work, can you post how?
0 Kudos
MikeGregotski
Esri Contributor
Thanks for your posting crusanowski.

I'm working with Tech Support currently.  If we find a way to authorize Image Server I will post it.

Mike
0 Kudos
ChristopherRusanowski
New Contributor III
Well, I had heard that the stand-alone image server in 9.4 was not much different.  So, I tried using a 9.3.1 ECP file with 9.4.

And Voila!

Image Server 9.4 Beta 2 seems to be running now.  Everything says 9.4, but the authorization file was from 9.3.1.
0 Kudos
BadrinarayanaLakkur
New Contributor
This will be fixed for Pre-Release.  The workaround is to use the SoftwareAuthorization.exe from the Server install location.  You will need to install ArcGIS Server if you are running Image Server standalone. 

Browse to C:\program files\arcgis\server9.4\bin and launch the SoftwareAuthorization.exe.
Select ArcGIS Image Server from the list of products and continue through the authorization process.
0 Kudos