Mosaic Dataset drawing error

08-16-2018 02:21 PM
MikeNelson4
New Contributor II

Started gettting ArcMap drawing errors with Mosaic Datasets after we upgraded to 10.6.1 (from 10.4.1).

Usually happens when user clicks Previous Extent 3-4 times in quick succession and is at a level that is displaying overview. Does not happen when user is zoomed in far enough they are viewing original image.

I have Overviews built, Pyramids not built, Statistics are calculated. Is there something else I need to set or run?

31 Replies
JohnRitzman1
New Contributor II

We've gone ahead and submitted our support ticket and we'll let everyone here know what the outcome is one way or another.

0 Kudos
jkarmon
New Contributor III

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing an answer.  We're experiencing the same issue after a 10.6.1 upgrade.  

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks, John.  For others following this, the bug is [BUG-000120362: Drawing error when panning and zooming a mosaic dataset in ArcMap 10.6.1.]  If you are also experiencing this, please call technical support to get attached to the bug.  I'll add a note referencing this thread, but currently there is only 1 account associated with this issue.  We'll see what we can do to raise its priority.

Cheers

KatjaKrivoruchko1
New Contributor

Hi Kory,

We are experiencing the same issue while testing 10.6.1. Just submitted a case (02505385). Is there a workaround? Does the issue occur at 10.7.1, etc.?

Thanks!

Katja

0 Kudos
MaureenDougherty
New Contributor

Have there been any updates on this?  We are experiencing this issue as well.  

0 Kudos
AnnVanSlembrouck
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue, have there been any updates to this?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Ann - the issue is now showing on support.esri.com

https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEyMDM2Mg==

You could subscribe to that for updates:

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is this bug encountered when using an RMD created in any version of ArcMap and then used in ArcMap 10.6.1 or does the bug occur only if you created the RMD in ArcMap 10.6.1?

0 Kudos
AnnVanSlembrouck
Occasional Contributor

I created my RMD years ago and I encounter the problem described in the BUG description.

AnnVanSlembrouck
Occasional Contributor

Thanks John!