Measure Tools not enabled

Jump to solution
12-19-2019 11:38 AM
Labels (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi,

In Drone2Map I have created my .las point cloud from imagery, but cannot figure out how to calculate volume with it.  I have 3D Analyst, but when I select the layer in D2M the various Measure tools are not enabled. 

Any suggestions??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian

I think you may be mixing help topics between Versions 1.3 and 2.0.  Volume measurement changed in 2.0, so it's based on the DSM (created as a 2D product) instead of the point cloud.  Also you do not need 3D analyst with Drone2Map 2.0.

See help here Perform measurements—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS and when navigating help, be sure you don't end up back in the version 1.3 topics

Cody B. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian

I think you may be mixing help topics between Versions 1.3 and 2.0.  Volume measurement changed in 2.0, so it's based on the DSM (created as a 2D product) instead of the point cloud.  Also you do not need 3D analyst with Drone2Map 2.0.

See help here Perform measurements—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS and when navigating help, be sure you don't end up back in the version 1.3 topics

Cody B. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi Cody Benkelman‌,

Thanks for the advice.  I just did my first drone flight for the purpose of calculating volume on a couple of gravel/fill stockpiles.  Do you know of any good documents on the best way to use Drone 2 Map for processing the images and getting all the settings right?

I'm pretty much just using the default settings in the 2D products tab, but if I can modify any of these to get optimal results, I am interested.

Thanks!

0 Kudos