Measure Tools not enabled

Jump to solution
12-19-2019 11:38 AM
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

In Drone2Map I have created my .las point cloud from imagery, but cannot figure out how to calculate volume with it.  I have 3D Analyst, but when I select the layer in D2M the various Measure tools are not enabled. 

Any suggestions??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian

I think you may be mixing help topics between Versions 1.3 and 2.0.  Volume measurement changed in 2.0, so it's based on the DSM (created as a 2D product) instead of the point cloud.  Also you do not need 3D analyst with Drone2Map 2.0.

See help here Perform measurements—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS and when navigating help, be sure you don't end up back in the version 1.3 topics

Cody B. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian

I think you may be mixing help topics between Versions 1.3 and 2.0.  Volume measurement changed in 2.0, so it's based on the DSM (created as a 2D product) instead of the point cloud.  Also you do not need 3D analyst with Drone2Map 2.0.

See help here Perform measurements—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS and when navigating help, be sure you don't end up back in the version 1.3 topics

Cody B. 

BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Cody Benkelman‌,

Thanks for the advice.  I just did my first drone flight for the purpose of calculating volume on a couple of gravel/fill stockpiles.  Do you know of any good documents on the best way to use Drone 2 Map for processing the images and getting all the settings right?

I'm pretty much just using the default settings in the 2D products tab, but if I can modify any of these to get optimal results, I am interested.

Thanks!

0 Kudos