License File Issues at 10

09-28-2011 06:30 AM
BenYoungs
New Contributor II
I have an instance of ArcGIS 10 Server running, and I wanted to test out publishing some mosaic datasets compared to the traditional ISCDef. The server license file we have contains a license for the image server extension.

When I try to serve the mosaic dataset I created, I get an error that Image Server is not currently running and the service can not be published.

When I try to run the Software Authorization tool for Image Server, I get the following error:

"There were no valid features found in the selected file"

If I open the license in a text editor I can see the line for the image server extension.

Am I missing something in the licensing of Image Server at 10? Has anyone seen this error before?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
When you are publishing a mosaic dataset you are getting that error?  Or you are publishing an iscdef through a mosaic dataset and receiving that error? 

The image server authorization is not necessary when publishing a Mosaic Dataset.  However, I would consider all the permissions necessary when publishing through ArcGIS Server (source rasters, overviews & GDB).  If all of the permissions are correct, but you are still getting a license error, then I would confirm you have the Image Server license and the Image Server Extension license.  You need the extension to publish mosaic datasets and you need the standard Image Server license to publish iscdefs.
0 Kudos
BenYoungs
New Contributor II
Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification. It turns out it was a permissions issue on a share where the rasters were stored.
0 Kudos