Issue with Block Adjustment in ArcGIS Pro

12-11-2018 02:12 PM
Labels (3)
IsaacZukin
New Contributor II

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for helping in any way you can.

I am currently trying to create an orthomosaic but am getting stuck on the Block Adjustment. My input data is RapidEye imagery from Planet Labs. I am using the standard elevation  3d layer that the OrthoMapping tool defaults to upon opening as the elevation source. Before running the adjust tool, I set the reference image as the World Imagery layer then run the adjust tool. No matter what I do, the Ground Control Points, Tie Points, and Check Points computer without any issue. When it gets to running the block adjustment I get:

'ERROR 001934: The adjustment is not applicable to the mosaic dataset.

Failed to execute (CompleteBlockAdjustment).'

I have tried messing with a number of settings but to no avail. No one else seems to have reported this problem so if you have any idea what I should do, I would be very appreciative. 

Thanks so much!@

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Isaac

Can you confirm that your input data is RapidEye Basic (Level 1B) "sensor level products with a minimal amount of processing (geometrically uncorrected)"  ?

If you have an ortho product (level 3A or 3B) then block adjustment will not be possible

https://www.planet.com/products/satellite-imagery/files/160625-RapidEye%20Image-Product-Specificatio...  

Cody B. 

0 Kudos
IsaacZukin
New Contributor II

Hi Cody,

Great catch, thank you for pointing this out and for the help. It appears that I have Level 3A data which certainly explains the issue. The idea was to use some of the Ortho Mapping tools to create a digital surface model, DEM, etc. However, it will not let me access those options without moving past the block adjustment. I thought it made the most sense to work with the 3A data for this kind of project given that sensor corrections etc. have already been applied to the data. 

Is there any way to generate a DEM or other custom ortho products on this 3A data?

Thanks again,

Isaac

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Isaac, 

Unfortunately, with the 3A products there is no way to use the data to generate DEMs. The product has been adjusted and orthorectified and the pixels have been moved using an existing DEM. 

Thanks, 

Julia

0 Kudos