Is there a way to select a different Vertical Coordinate System than the defaults when importing GCPs?

07-11-2016 12:26 PM
ChristopherPacker2
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to import ground control points from a CSV and there is no NAVD 88 option from the vertical coordinate system dropdown. Is there any way to set this somewhere else? Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same question-  I'm trying to load GCP with the vertical datum as NAVD88, but the dropdown when importing GCP's into Drone2Map does not have the option to select NAVD88.     Options I see are  EGM 84, EGM 96, EGM 2008, No Conv, or Const shift without any descriptions on what they are.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well it exists somewhere since esri uses it Create Aviation Geodatabase—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

0 Kudos
NickMiller3
New Contributor III

In Australia because D2M doesn't support the Australian Geoid, we set the Vertical coordinate system to Const. Shift. We then edit the Geoid Height to be 41.03716.

Perhaps you can do something similar if you know the Geoid Height for NAVD88?

0 Kudos
JamesTaylor3
Occasional Contributor

Assuming that the xy coordinate system datum is NAD83 and z uses vertical datum of NAVD88, you could use this tool to determine the Geoid12B height above the NAD83 ellipsoid.   GEOID12B GEOID HEIGHT COMPUTATION 

Just enter a point near your GCPs to get a Geoid Height.

Then when you are importing your GCPs into Drone2Map choose Const Shift and enter the Geoid Height.

GeoRSUH
New Contributor

Hello,

When we use this method, what height should we import from the csv/text file of the GCP - ellipsoidal or orthometric (the GNSS processing report provides both)? I'd like to get the final products in NAVD88 datum (using GEOID12B). I should also mention that the orthometric height provided in the CSRS report is based on the Canadian GEOID CGG2013a.

Thank you

0 Kudos