installation error arcgis pro

10-17-2019 12:24 PM
deleted-user-fqyqAU-GSPHt
New Contributor II

I'm running arcgis pro version 2.4.2 and getting this error when trying to install Oriented Imagery Management Tools v2.0.3.0.  Any idea what could be causing it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Randall_XavierRebello
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

Have you installed ArcGIS Pro for one user or for all user on the machine that you have this issue? 

Secondly... Do you have administrator privilege for the user to install software on that machine? 

Randall 

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Randall,

I have installed Pro for only myself. I do have administrator privileges to install.

0 Kudos
Randall_XavierRebello
Esri Contributor

Hi Nancy, 

Thank you for you reply. 

Let me try and recreate your issue and get back to you. 

Just to confirm, you are trying to install the GPTools? 

Randall 

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

I’m trying to install:

Install OIC Management Tools for ArcGIS Pro.exe

And/or

Install Oriented Imagery AddIn for ArcGIS Pro.exe

Both result in the same error.

0 Kudos
Randall_XavierRebello
Esri Contributor

Hi Nancy, 

Can you please check the following registry entries for me.. Open regedit.exe and check for the keys mentioned below. 

If you have ArcGIS Pro installed for only your login.. 

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGISPro  InstallDir

If you have ArcGIS Pro installed for all users. 

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro    InstallDir

It looks like the installer cannot read these keys for some reason. If you can

This may be a silly question.. But can you run ArcGIS Pro with your current login? I was just wondering is someone else's login was used to setup Pro and its not available to you. 

Second suggestion... Can you also try running the installer as Adminsistrator. 

The last option I can suggest has to do with the zip files that you downloaded. 

After downloading the installers and before unzipping, right click on the zip file and click on properties. You should see a check box to 'unblock' the zip file.  Check this option and click OK.  After that extract the installers from the zip file and then run it. 

Let me know how this goes. 

Randall 

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Randall,

I checked Regedit and i do have Pro installed for just me as the user.  The InstallDir listed is read and writable by me and the system and administrators.  I also tried the checkbox to unblock the zip drive and it gave me the same result message that there is no Pro installed.  I've tried running the program from my downloads folder as well as C:temp as well as in my Documents folder with the same result.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Nancy

0 Kudos
Randall_XavierRebello
Esri Contributor

Hi Nancy, 

Thanks for checking this. I forgot to check with you.. The version number listed in the registry entry for Pro shows 2.4, yes? 

The other thing I have can suggest is to repair your ArcGIS Pro version. You can do this in Add/Remove Programs. 

Also can you try this out on some other machine within your organisation please. 

Thanks, 

Randall 

0 Kudos