8 Replies
GünterDörffel
Occasional Contributor III

Hey - you have to be much more specific on 

• What you want to do?
  • What your concerns are 
belmary
New Contributor II

I have a dozen orthophotoplans, I made a mosaic, one by one, achac times I add one, the deniere my damaged my mosaic donation I wanted to delete it because it shows with its outline thank you in advance for your collaboration

0 Kudos
GünterDörffel

So you want to permanently mosaic them together to create ONE single file? Or you just want to USE them together as one seamless layer? You say "each time you add one" - Mosaicing can be done adding them all in one process - thats the intention. What command do you use?
How big is your data - can you provide it somewhere to look at it? There are several reasons why this could fail: Settings, data properties (like NoData), ... easiest would be to look at the dozen datasets you reference.
Regards Guenter

belmary
New Contributor II
Ok I will explain the situation:
 To construct a background of plan to the interest of the usury 
we launched the purchase of aurtophoplans,
 we received monsequently by party, 
at in order to save of time I made a mosaics for the paties received, 
and update my Mosaic each time a new image was received 
I have attind my objective and I have little mosaic 18 images
 but the last time when
 I add as usual an image it show with its gray contour that damaged my result
 My question is: that there is a possibility of deleting the latter
 so as not to redo the job has 0.
Attached an image of the tool used
thanks for your help.
GünterDörffel

Is „Mosaic“ referring to the “Mosaic” command or are you creating a MosaicDataset? Because the latter is what you should do – and then it will also be easy to remove a single element. If you used the “Mosaic” command and the final result is damaged – there is no way to undo it. And again – as a result you should start over – but by creating a MosaicDataset from your Orthos – see here: http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/tools/data-management-toolbox/create-mosaic-dataset.htm

Von: bel mary

Gesendet: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 1:06 PM

An: Dörffel Günter <g.doerffel@mysynergis.com>

Betreff: Re: - Re: How to supremer a stay at a mosaic in arcgis

GeoNet <https://community.esri.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: How to supremer a stay at a mosaic in arcgis

reply from bel mary<https://community.esri.com/people/belmary?et=watches.email.thread> in Imagery and Remote Sensing - View the full discussion<https://community.esri.com/message/710027-re-how-to-supremer-a-stay-at-a-mosaic-in-arcgis?commentID=710027&et=watches.email.thread#comment-710027>

belmary
New Contributor II

I created MosaicDataset which I did the mosaic, and all well at first I can assemble 16 images in expectation the arrival of other images because I have in all 57 images to mosaic, It remains to point out that the image (subject of discusion is an export of another in order to avoid the error of many channels because it has only one alor that my model has 3 channels) You do not want it to happen that this is the cause ??

GünterDörffel

Alors 🙂
If you have created the MosaicDataset as 3-bands and have added 3-band-rasters and later add one-band-rasters, the mosaic dataset mechanisms will make sure the one-band-data is extended to three bands and then added. Problems can only occur if the Mosaic is created not specifying the number of bands, then getting a first raster that has the "wrong" number of bands and the following ones then being added with reduced/stacked bands. This could be fixed manually using the Properties of the MosaicDataset (Number of bands) and on individual rasters the "Stack Band" raster function.
But in general the better approach is to specify the targeted number of bands when creating the mosaic and then adding data.  

If your data comes in one by one over time, you can add it with multiple "Add Raster" commands over time or plac everything in a certain folder and copy new ones into that folder, too and make use of the "Synchronize" abilities of mosaic datasets - all well described in the help system which I do not send links for, as you will most likely use it in french, right?

belmary
New Contributor II
Yes we use French hhh Thank you for your help You are gentleman 
have a good day

0 Kudos