How to open the XML file using ArcGIS Pro?

07-22-2020 06:53 AM
Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Hello everyone!

I have download Sentinel-2 data from Earth Observation Explorer. I've got a file as an XML file format. I was expected to obtain an image with the TIFF extension. I have tried to open the XML file using ArcGIS Pro but I couldn't. Frankly, I do not know how can I deal with this file to get the Sentinel-2 image with 13 bands.

I will highly appreciate any help that I may get.

Thank you in advance.

#ArcGIS Pro #Imagery & Remote Sensing

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Nada,

no sure what this xml is you get - when I try (with Chrome) in EarthObservation Explorer I do get a TIFF. A few thoughts/questions:

• Why do you download Sentinel-2 data? Cant you use the same ArcGIS Online Services in ArcGIS Pro? See Sentinel-2 Views in the Living Atlas!
  • Have you logged in to Earth Observation Explorer? Which kind of download did you try?

Regards
Guenter

Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Hello Guenter,

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded Sentinel-2 data because I want to work with its bands. I did this because I have not seen the rest of the image bands when I used the ArcGIS Online Services in ArcGIS Pro. Please, Kindly see the following screenshots.

I've logged in to Earth Observation Explorer with my temporal account: Nada_Kadhim_ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Nada

You should see following and so get a TIF file

If you load TIF in ArcGIS Pro you should see following.  (Ensure you apply a stretch) to see the 16bit image.

Note that you in EOExplorer or ArcGIS Pro you can can define function chains that can be transmitted to the Server that will be processed and the results returned.

If you want to download the full Sentinel 2 tiles with associated metadata etc then see Sentinel Data Access Overview - Sentinel Online 

One downloaded they can be accessed as Raster Products (or added to mosaic datasets) 

Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried many times to download Sentinel-2 data with 13 bands as a tif file format from EOExplorer.

But I've got only the XML file when I select Raw data (all bands).
I have not seen the rest of the image bands when I used the ArcGIS Online Services in ArcGIS Pro, as follows:

I've managed to download a tif file from EOExplorer but both cases (the tif file and S2 data in ArcGIS Pro) show just 3 bands. I do not know why?
I downloaded Sentinel-2 data from Copernicus Open Access Hub but I've got the bands as a jpg file format!
I will check the links that you send.
Please, I am waiting for receiving an email about my previous inquiry.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

@Peter Becker& @Guenter Doerffel 

I've managed to download Sentinel-2 images with 10 and 20 resolutions with their bands.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos