Histoical Aerial Photos in Southern California

12-12-2016 01:36 PM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Is there a website that can I find some aerial photos that goes back to 1997. I am looking for and to download  an area of where I went to school in Montclair, California. It is near the Montclair Plaza., just to north of the San Bernadino Freeway. The school , just south of the freeway, used to be there and has been replaced by new apartments on the left side of the street. They build hospital offices to the right. I do know that the school I went to closed down in May 1997.   Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Robert

I think you have found the best site - I'm sure there must be numerous images available through USGS - did you not find any? 

If you're looking much further back in time, there is an ASPRS committee that is undertaking an effort to build a catalog of archived film - you can search here ASPRS DPAC Geo Database  - but note this is not "film that has been scanned", it is film YET to be scanned (...and georeferenced ...or possibly orthorectified) so if you find film of interest in the DPAC collection, just be aware that you will need to contact the owner and negotiate permission (and presumably $$) to get the film scanned.

Also note that the DPAC site does not use a map interface for searching, so you have to enter keywords (e.g. California, Montclair, etc.) to do the search.

Cody B.