FMV Video Multiplexer does not read values/headings of sensor latitude/longitude

08-13-2020 06:00 AM
MortenBjerrum1
Esri Contributor

Using the example dataset for the tutorial on "Using the FMV Video Multiplexer", the output file has a constant value in the sensor latitude/longitude metadata fields and the movie does not move along the map. The multiplexer does not seem to read the actual values in the input metadata file (Raw_Metadata.csv) as the value is not even present in the files and it ignores the field-mapping in the field-mapping file (I can map it or not - result is the same!). Mapping the raw-data as x/y's they seem to be in the right spot. The movie is placed down south-east in Port Charlotte. See snippet:

I am using Arcgis Pro 2.6.0. Due to risk of complications with Danish Localization settings (decimal separator etc.) I have been careful only to edit the csv's in Notepad++ and save them as pure text. Imported tables looks fine in Pro.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Morten

can you try downloading the file again?  These are sample values from the file that I downloaded just now.  It's an east-to-west flight so latitude does not change much but longitude does change

Cody B

MortenBjerrum1
Esri Contributor

Hi Cody

I can, but I already have exactly the same values as you. The odd thing is that the static values for sensor latitude/longitude that I see in the video metadata, while playing the video, does not even appear in the sample values table (26.999.. , -81.999..). See snippet. Where do these values come from? As described above it does not even matter whether I map the latitude/longitude fields in the field mapping file or not - same result. It appears to be in the multiplexer script that the mapping/reading of these values just fails or has been replaced with a static value. If it actually does work for you, I can hardly find any other explanation than something with localization/decimal separation, but as written - the values are interpreted correctly in the Pro tables.

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Morten

My mistake, sorry - I missed that you said "the output file" - I thought you meant the *.csv file.

We'll have to look into what's happening with this

Cody B.

MortenBjerrum1
Esri Contributor

Hi Cody

I found the answer or at least the reason behind the problem. Changed regional settings to United States (rather than Denmark) and ran the tool again. It worked. Obviously, it has something to do with the interpretation of the raw_data csv-file (commas vs. dots). Would be convenient if the tool looked at the regional settings or (as my developer colleagues suggest) ran on json-files instead. 

Morten B.

SergeiMitakovich
New Contributor II

Hi Morten. I have the same problem and I change regional settings (Russia -> USA) . But result is the same. And I exactly remember that ArcGIS 10.4 + FMV Add-In did not have this problem. It looks like the ArcGIS Pro + FMV returns the integer value of a latitude, longitude by removing the fractional part of the number

0 Kudos
SergeiMitakovich
New Contributor II

Sorry. It works. It was needed to restart ArcGIS Pro with new regional settings (early I had been changing settings and tried when ArcGIS Pro was open)

0 Kudos