FMV and Decimal Symbol

08-24-2017 08:35 AM
MathieuOuellette1
New Contributor II

Hi, I’ve encountered a bug with the Video Multiplexer geoprocessing tool (with the tool itself and with ArcPy). I haven’t use the other tools so I don’t know it its specific to this tools or to FMV. I’m using ArcGIS 10.4.1 with FMV 1.3.1.

The bug is related to the decimal symbol. The Video Multiplexer geoprocessing tool works fine with the dot, but fails to work properly with the comma as set as the decimal symbol sets in the Windows regional settings. It’s a kind of cryptic bug because the tool or its call via ArcPy doesn’t raise any error. However, the motion imagery file created has a size of 0 kb and the execution time of the tool is way too fast to be normal.

I work in a government department where the IT settings are pretty strict so it’s a bit annoying to change my settings when I need to use FMV.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Mathieu

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I will discuss this with the development team, but I do not believe this is something we can address soon.  Realistically, based on our development schedule it will be several months before a new version of the multiplexer could be ready.

Thanks

Cody B.

0 Kudos