Errors and failure while trying Add Images to Oriented Imagery Catalog

03-25-2019 04:47 PM
Labels (1)
GregAldrich
New Contributor II

While learning to use the oriented imagery tools I get an error "Incomplete EXIF data: Could not add image"

I have tried DJI P4P imagery as well as others from an iphone, with the same result.

The drone imagery has already been used to create an ortho with D2M, and I checked the EXIF data and made sure everything was there.

What would be my troubleshooting steps to move forward since the errors don't tell me what is missing, and the data looks good?

13 Replies
GregAldrich
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.

I entered the above commands, and got the same error.

0 Kudos
GregAldrich
New Contributor II

Anything additional I can try in this case?

When I execute the code you sent I continue to get the error.

0 Kudos
SeanCullen
New Contributor

Hi 

I am having the same issue with photos taken with an iPhone 5 and a Samsung S9.

I have downloaded the latest tools for Orientated Imagery.

My images reside in a AWS S3 bucket for each project (Public access).

What type of EXIF information is required on the images? It has what I though would be required?

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/oimidrandwalk/2019-05-09+10.07.03.jpg

Is it better to upload the images using the Copy Images to Web tool, or will my manual drag and drop upload work for AWS?

Will the ArcGIS Pro viewing tools work for a local repository, or must it be published to AGOL/Portal to be loaded back into Pro?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

0 Kudos
Randall_XavierRebello
Esri Contributor

Hi Sean,

I checked your images and it seems to be fine. I think the issue you are facing is the same as Greg above. It seems gdalinfo cannot access the imagery from the s3 bucket. We are working on this issue and will let you know as soon as there is a fix. 

Thanks,

Randall 

0 Kudos