Error Message

05-23-2010 11:12 PM
PoMGIS
by
New Contributor
Hello,

I have put in my raster data, built it and compiled it. All looks good. However, when it is published and I soom in beyond 550 it goes all white. The imagery we are using can zoom in more. When I look at the preview created with teh footprint etc, I can zoom in perfectly, however I keep getting this message:

[ISDefClient.LoadServiceIfRequired] Loading image service...
[ISDefClient.LoadServiceIfRequired] Service loaded successfully.
[ServiceCore.ImageService.LoadServiceDefinition] Service Definition Source : \\xxxx\xxxxx\xxxxx\xxxxx.ISDef\ImageService.ISDef
[ImageServiceDB.SeRasterItemStore.SelectRasterItems : 008029] Error: No rasters were selected for the selection criteria.

Could this be the reason? Everytime I try something new, it takes ages to build. Any ideas (Maybe I am just doing something way wrong)

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor
It would appear that the MinPS and MaxPS values have not been correctly computed. Open the service table and review the MinPS and MaxPS values. For the higher resolution imagery the MinPS should be 0 and the MaxPS should be the same as the MinPS of overlapping imagery (eg Service overviews). Also check the Service Properties, Output Properties Minimum Pixel Size and Maximum Pixel Size. These should generally be 0 and a very large value.
Note that it is not necessary to do a Build frequently, even if changes are made to the service. Build is only required when some of the defined set of parameters change and you wish the system to compute new values.. On large service only perform build on the aspects that need to be updated. Many of the values that are computed by build can also be set manually.
0 Kudos