Does Full Motion Video 1.4 require an Advanced level license?

Jump to solution
02-04-2018 10:49 PM
GraemeBrowning
Occasional Contributor III

I just read at https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/5806637ec82bd5746b9143dd/working-with-full-motion-video-in-arc...  that to complete the exercises of the Working with Full Motion Video in ArcGIS training course I will need "ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 or ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 (Advanced)".

I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.6 with Full Motion Video 1.4 and am assuming that those versions should be fine to complete most, hopefully all, of the course.

However, I only have a Standard level license, and the FMV_FAQ.pdf - Box says:

FMV requires an ArcGIS 10.x Basic, Standard, or Advanced license.  All functionality is open to all license levels, except a standard or advanced license is required to use the FMV Mosaic Video and Mosaic Video Frames geoprocessing tools.

Do I really need Advanced to use the full functionality of Full Motion Video 1.4 or is Standard licensing sufficient?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Graeme

Sorry this wasn't more clear.  FMV will work with any license level, providing all of the core functionality of working with video in ArcGIS.  The only exception is that there are geoprocessing (GP) tools to create mosaic datasets from video frames.  If you want to use those tools, ArcGIS Standard or Advanced licenses are required.

The training exercise includes use of those GP tools, so completing the entire exercise requires Standard or Advanced, but FMV does not.  Confirming your wording, yes, 10.6 and FMV 1.4 should enable you to complete almost the entire exercise.  

Note that FMV 1.4 does not include new functionality after FMV 1.3.2; this new version is simply required for compatibility with 10.6

Cody B

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Graeme

Sorry this wasn't more clear.  FMV will work with any license level, providing all of the core functionality of working with video in ArcGIS.  The only exception is that there are geoprocessing (GP) tools to create mosaic datasets from video frames.  If you want to use those tools, ArcGIS Standard or Advanced licenses are required.

The training exercise includes use of those GP tools, so completing the entire exercise requires Standard or Advanced, but FMV does not.  Confirming your wording, yes, 10.6 and FMV 1.4 should enable you to complete almost the entire exercise.  

Note that FMV 1.4 does not include new functionality after FMV 1.3.2; this new version is simply required for compatibility with 10.6

Cody B