//

01-27-2017 11:26 AM
_____
by

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

A search on GeoNet using 'world imagery' has a bunch of links, including this blog post which contains links on how to contact the team to put in requests... perhaps it is either demand or availability driven, but it might be worth a check

/blogs/Sandbox/2016/05/13/the-world-imagery-and-world-topographic-maps-have-been-updated-with-commun... 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same question regarding imagery in the Middle East which in theory should have been updated with the new high resolution DigitalGlobe content in October 2016 (see blog https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2016/10/14/world-imagery-updates-more-digitalglobe-more-community...).  A side by side comparison with say the Bing basemap at a specific location in Saudi Arabia showed that no update had been applied, or at least I hope it hadn't due to the lack of spectral quality in the ArcGIS World Imagery basemap.  I've started making internal inquiries about this at Esri and while I don't have a definitive answer yet, it does seem that the Esri World Imagery basemap will be completely refreshed with 30 or 60cm DigitalGlobe enhanced imagery, the content is arriving in the blocks talked about in the ArcGIS Blogs, but the incorporation into the production system we all see takes a bit longer.  If I get more on rollout schedule I'll add to the post.

Imagery Basemaps Compared - Bing and ArcGIS Online