Disable Export Raster in ArcMap on Image Services

04-30-2019 06:29 AM
CharlesJanssens
New Contributor

Hello,

I published several Image Services on my organization portal (ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7). 

Our users can connect to our imagery server and add these services in ArcMap to visualize them. However they can also make an "Export Raster" of specific areas.

Is there a way to disable this option ? I already disabled the download option when publishing the services. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Charles

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

You can control the maximum size of an export request (default is 4000x15000  Cols,Rows), but you can not disable export. Export is what the clients do when they pan and zoom, but the request size is based on display views size. The max cols/rows is a parameter in a mosaic dataset and parameter of the service. In many cases  you can reduce this to about 2000x2000, but this may stop people using it on large high res displays. Export can not be turned off in the same way that you can not turn of screen capture in all apps. You can control the raster functions that users set on the services so that the original data values can not be accessed.  

CharlesJanssens
New Contributor

Thanks for the info, I will take look and reduce the maximum number of cols/rows per request. 

0 Kudos