Disable Export Data in ArcMap

01-25-2019 03:13 AM
Labels (1)
Wan_Mohamad_NazmeenWan_Othman
Esri Contributor

Hi All,

I have an image service stored in my server (federated). When i load this image service in ArcMap, is it possible to disable the Export Data capability? I just want the user to visualize and do analysis from my image service without having abilities to export data.

Your further assistance is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Kindly regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Hi Wan,

sure you can disable download of data. You can do this starting with the MosaicDataset you created. In the "Defaults" section of each Mosaic, there is

if you set this to 0, you disabled Download on the Mosaic Level.

On the Service Level, the same capability can be set to "limit" what you might have set on the MosaicLevel. The "Service Properties" in the "Imaging" section
have a Operation list to allow/disable. Download is one of them:

So even if you allow download on the MosaicDataset level (say so local users using the MosaicDataset have access to the files behind it), you can disable the capability on the service level.

Hope that helps!

Guenter

Esri Contributor

Great!. Thanks for your detail explanations.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Pleasure, 

but later I ralized it might not be the answer you were looking for: I answered to "download data" - whereas if you ask for the simple "screen export" function in ArcGIS Pro/ArcMap ... there is no way of disabling this: It basically takes the image already delivered to the client and saves it as a "picture" ... and this cant be disabled.
So I hope the first question was what you really needed

Guenter

0 Kudos
Esri Contributor

Hi Guenter,

Thanks for your clarification. Actually, my intention is, i don't want user have the ability to export my raw imagery data that are stored as image service, when they access in ArcGIS Desktop. User just limited to visualize and perform analysis only from the image service in ArcGIS Desktop but they can't export the imagery. Is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks.

Kindly regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

well thats perfect - because that is excactly what I have described above. So yes - this is possible

0 Kudos
sajjadsaeed
New Contributor

Hi, i have the same query regarding export capability for ArcGIS desktop level. Currently we are using SDE with oracle. we want to disable the export/copy/paste functions at user level means Editing users must not be able to copy paste feature classes/Feature datasets from Arcmap and ArcCatalog. Any guidelines or workout to implement this security check will be appreciated as i could not find any help on google.

0 Kudos