Deep Learning documentation

04-13-2020 11:40 AM
NathanJennings
New Contributor III

Is there any documentation on the optional parameters for items like padding, threshold, block size, etc?  I am interested in guidance on which values to enter and the reasoning behind it.  The various canned samples have values, but no explanation and the ESRI help is not too useful, either.

I am working through my own version of identifying pools using the ESRI imagery, Pro 2.5.  I can't seem to access the "live" examples using my various ESRI logins...

It would be most helpful to provide some additional guidance, logic, and reasoning for when and what to use for these parameters.  The values I am using (which seem to be default or a best guess) are not providing good results to identifying objects.  Also, what are all of the various parameters to use?

Thank you,

Nate

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SangeetMathew
Esri Contributor

Hi Nate,

The parameters that you mentioned are specific to the Raster Function used for inferencing and since the function can be customized with any parameters , we havent documented any of them ,However padding, threshold and batch size are common parameters, here is a link where those parameters are explained in some detail. Use Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree Health | Learn ArcGIS 

Thanks

Sangeet 

0 Kudos