Custom Sensor type for New Ortho Mapping Workspace in ArcGIS Pro

09-01-2020 08:23 AM
Ronit_jadhav
New Contributor

Is it possible to bring a sensor type (Satellite) which is not yet included in the available sensor list to create a new Ortho Mapping Workspace in ArcGIS Pro using Python ?? for example the sensor type for KhalifaSAT is not yet included in the list.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes. You can create a Python Raster type that will read the metadata from the data source and create the appropriate mosaic dataset items. See the following GitHub https://github.com/Esri/raster-types for samples and examples. Once added they will appear in the same list as the other raster types. The Superview-1 and Triplesat examples are probably the most similar to what you are looking for. There may be others that are more similar and we might be able to assist. If there is sample datasets we can take a look and come up with a recommendation.

0 Kudos
Ronit_jadhav
New Contributor

I tried this approach but it gives me raster type option in the 'Add Raster to Mosaic Dataset tool' (which I am still trying to make it work by referring to the TripleSat sample.But i am constantly facing errors in it as the Metadata file here is kind of different than the samples). But I am also looking to create an Ortho Mapping Worksapce with the custom sensor type in the list (following the above method does not work to bring a custom sensor type in the list). The dataset I am working on is similar to the DubaiSAT-2, unfortunately I won't be able to share the actual dataset.

0 Kudos
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

You should not need to create a Ortho Mapping Workspace custom sensor type. If you have the a mosaic dataset created that includes the RPCs etc as part of the function chain then the Ortho Mapping Workspace can use this.You can try this out with other satellite sensor imagery first to see how it works

You might want to check if it is possible to share a sample scene, but were all the pixels are replaced with a constant value. This would show the structure of the metadata etc without revealing anything about the actual imagery. 

0 Kudos