Convert a floating type raster to Integer

Jump to solution
12-18-2017 01:28 PM
DevinUnderwood2
Occasional Contributor

I am using the Raster Calculator Tool to change my raster from a float to a integer so I can eventually change run Raster to Polygon (need to integer raster input) 

I ran the tool several times using the following expression)but my result is still a float.

"pointden100ft" * 1000000000

The expression is very easy as I consulted the following ESRI tips

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012554

Any ideas what is causing the issue ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveKopp
Esri Contributor

Even though you have moved the decimal point, the values in the dataset are still stored as FLOAT. To change the dataset to INTEGER, you need to use the INT tool.  So if you're doing this in raster calculator, just add INT (<your express here>)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SteveKopp
Esri Contributor

Even though you have moved the decimal point, the values in the dataset are still stored as FLOAT. To change the dataset to INTEGER, you need to use the INT tool.  So if you're doing this in raster calculator, just add INT (<your express here>)

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just to be clear, Raster Calculator is case sensitive with function names, it needs to be Int("input raster").

SteveKopp
Esri Contributor

Yes good point, just using full caps for emphasis.

menghui99
New Contributor

Hi all, I have tried doing it a few times but the result raster still has "unsigned char" pixel type. This is my expressions: 

Int("210113_FullTerrain_V7_UpdatetoExistingInvertLevel.tif" *0 ) or

Int("210113_FullTerrain_V7_UpdatetoExistingInvertLevel.tif" ) *0

Any problem here?

0 Kudos
DevinUnderwood2
Occasional Contributor

Perfect, that is what I needed. It works now .

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DevinUnderwood2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I used the Raster Calculator syntax helper to double click the Int option to correctly complete the expression.

0 Kudos