chess box

10-07-2019 12:56 AM
RahulMehta
New Contributor II

Image size are from 2gb to 30gb, the images are stored in blob and accessed in ArcPro using .acs file

Below steps are followed and still the chess boxes appears

Questions 

1. Why chess box are appearing for release even after following all the steps suggested in goto meeting when source image is in blob Azure [tried MRF,jp2].

2. Why overview does not help to get rid of the chess boxes to great extent but not 100%, and why the size of overview is huge [in some cases overview are too small and chess box keep appearing]?

The size of overview on publish folder will lose advantage of putting in blob.

Steps followed

Create a new file geodatabase and create a new empty mosaic dataset in this

• Add the raster files in the Azure Blob data store to the mosaic dataset
  • Add the mosaic dataset as a layer to the map
  • Register the file geodatabase as a data store with ArcGIS Server (keeping the Azure Blob registered)
  • Publish the map with the reference registered data option checked

Also build overviews : 

1. add raster

2. define overviews

3. build overviews

Copied the files to the folder which is share between 2 servers and are registered

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Juan_CarlosAlvarez1
Esri Contributor

You can try use RasterProxy files to create the mosaic dataset. When you analyze the Mosaic and this bring the images directly storaged on BLOB Azure they are inaccessibles.

You can create the RasterProxy with OptimizeRaster toolbox. You should have access to azure storage account previously configured on the same toolbox, whith Container name, access ID and access key.

I hope that I have helped.

0 Kudos
RahulMehta
New Contributor II

I have created proxy files using Raster Optimizer using the option of "CreateRaster Proxy", able to connect to cloud blob and generate raster proxy locally.

1. Then added the folder with Raster proxy to the dataset.

2. Define overviews

3. create overviews

4. Publish to image server

On zoomin and zoom out the chess box still appear, please guide

0 Kudos