Cannot run CacheWorx V2

12-11-2017 10:50 PM
MarkMindlin
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

We have a new installation ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1 on Windows Server 2016 with CacheWorx V2 installed  locally.

x64 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 installed.

The try to run cache_worx from ArcCatalog produces zero output for any tool.

The try to run cache_worx.exe from \python directory gives the error message

Any help please.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShaneBermingham
New Contributor II

Hi Mark, 

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I encounter the same issue with this toolset.

Seems to me to be related to running on a VM. I can it run fine using a sample of the same dataset locally on my desktop/laptop. I have tried using Windows 2008 R2 (Arcmap 10.3.1) and Windows 2012 R2 (Arcmap 10.7.1). Crashes or throws this error on both:

CalledProcessError: Command '[######################################']' returned non-zero exit status -1073741795

0 Kudos
LucianPlesea
New Contributor II

Hi Shane,

If the C++ runtime is installed, crashes are usually caused by the cache configuration file.

Try running the cache_worx.exe, located in the folder named "python", directly from the command line.

> cache_worx -mode coverage C:\path\to\cache\

That command should return without any error message, and create a couple of coverage files in the C:\path\to\cache\Worx folder.  If instead it is complaining about "create band failure", the problem is something the conf.xml content. 

- Make sure you're not missing the top levels in the LODInfo part.

- Too many levels will overflow the available memory on some systems.

Post the conf.xml if it still gives you problems.

Lucian

0 Kudos
ShaneBermingham
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot for your response Lucian.

There is no issues with the conf.xml, it seems to be with cache_worx.exe running on the server.

When I run from the command line as you suggested I get the same error that was the reason for this thread originally:

0 Kudos
LucianPlesea
New Contributor II

Does it give the same error if you run it without any arguments?

If yes, I'm not sure if I can help, it's something in the system, some missing and unknown dependency.  It could be security or antivirus related too.

We do run CacheWorx on VMs and non-VMs all the time, never had this problem, although it has been reported.

0 Kudos