Cannot add pléiades xml files to mosaic dataset

04-17-2021 08:47 AM
Labels (3)
Soof
by
New Contributor

Hello everyone!

I am trying to orthomosaic 5 pléiades images. I haven pan and ms images and gcps and a generated DEM. I want to get a georeferenced orthorectified pansharpened seamless mosaic. I created an orthomapping workspace, specifying Pleiades-1 as rastertype. The workspace and the ArcGIS pro project are all in the same folder on my D-drive. The images I want to use are also in a subfolder, and each within their own folder (that is how airbus delivers them and I do not want to copy only 1 file out of fear of losing the RPC-data connection.

I can load the xml-files seperatedly into the project perfectly but they are added to the reference layers instead of to the source image collection. I tried creating an orthomosaic without the orthomapping space (and thus not needing a mosaic dataset) but the result was not good and the work-around was horrible.

this is the error message:

Queued...
Running...
Building image collection...
Start Time: zaterdag 17 april 2021 16:29:14
2021-04-17T16:29:28.903: Loading raster datasets
2021-04-17T16:29:31.394: Completed crawling 10 data source items. Added 0 mosaic dataset items.
2021-04-17T16:29:31.409: Error: 8004205f: No new mosaic dataset item was added.
Succeeded at zaterdag 17 april 2021 16:29:34 (Elapsed Time: 20,77 seconds)

(10 data source items because 5 images twice: once pan and once multispectral)

I found several other topics on this and it appears to be a bug so I tried some of the previous answers:

-I cannot disable backgroudn processing because I am using arcgis pro

-I put parrallel processing in environments on 0 but it dit not help

-try 1 raster

-try only linking to the folder, not the raster

-disable display results

-disable build pyramids

-disable calculate statistics

none of these worked. I am getting very demotivated that I can't figure out how to solve this. Does anyone have any other idea?

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please check if this article helps. How To: Work with raster products in ArcGIS for Desktop, an introduction 

Think Location
0 Kudos
Soof
by
New Contributor

Dear Jayanta,

I was familiar with this webpage.

I have been trying to add the DIM.xml files and have specified pleiades-1 as the rastertype, both when creating the workspace and adding the rasters to the mosaic dataset.

The problem is that still no items are added to the dataset.

lars1
by
New Contributor II

I think this has been a problem for many years and a solution would be good. I make many raster mosaics from Maxar and Airbus imagery. Maxar always works well with the appropriate Raster Type set and Pleiades always fails in the way described by the OP.

0 Kudos