BUG: WCS capability with Image Service does not work; BUG?  Please HELP.

11-04-2010 07:49 AM
JerryGarcia
Occasional Contributor II
I published an Image Service with WCS capabilities using HTTPS/SSL.  The ArcGIS Server connection works fine in ArcMap, but when I connect with the WCS protocol the image does not show up.  I can connect, but it fails to display.  I noticed that in the connection properties were empty; no metadata for the WCS connection.  The ArcGIS Server connection has all the metadata.  I'm wondering if this is the issue and how to fix it?

WCS connections work fine with regular HTTP.  It is definately the HTTPS/SSL which is the issue.

I am using ArcGIS Server 10 with IIS7 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit. 

HTTPS/SSL and Windows Authentication is enabled.

Comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor
Jerry,

WCS support in ArcGIS is through GDAL and Libcurl. The issue of WCS with HTTPS/SSL is due to the fact that Libcurl.dll in ArcGIS is not compiled with enabled SSL. There is not a workaround. This is an known issue and ESRI is working on proving a fix as soon as possble.

Hong Xu
Raster team, ESRI
0 Kudos
JerryGarcia
Occasional Contributor II
I published an Image Service with WCS capabilities using HTTPS/SSL.  The ArcGIS Server connection works fine in ArcMap, but when I connect with the WCS protocol the image does not show up.  I can connect, but it fails to display.  I noticed that in the connection properties were empty; no metadata for the WCS connection.  The ArcGIS Server connection has all the metadata.  I'm wondering if this is the issue and how to fix it?

WCS connections work fine with regular HTTP.  It is definately the HTTPS/SSL which is the issue.

I am using ArcGIS Server 10 with IIS7 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit. 

HTTPS/SSL and Windows Authentication is enabled.

Comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for your response.

To follow this issue with ESRI, here is the issue number: NIM060642
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/nimbus-bug?bugID=TklNMDYwNjQy
0 Kudos