Binary Thresholding - Please help me find it in ArcGIS 10.2.2

Jump to solution
12-22-2014 04:42 AM
RE
by
New Contributor III

Hello everybody

I am very much interested in the new function of ArcGIS 10.2.1 and 10.2.2, that is the Binary Thresholding (Otsu method) as mentioned here (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//009t0000025v000000).

However, I have not been successful in locating it.

I would appreciate any assistance you could give me.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi RE,

The Binary Thresholding is a function that is applied to a raster dataset or mosaic dataset.  Take a look at this link that discusses how to access the raster function template editor.  Here is another helpful link that discusses using functions with rasters.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi RE,

The Binary Thresholding is a function that is applied to a raster dataset or mosaic dataset.  Take a look at this link that discusses how to access the raster function template editor.  Here is another helpful link that discusses using functions with rasters.

0 Kudos
RE
by
New Contributor III

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your help. I finally got it.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
EchoZhang
New Contributor

Hello R E.

I am new to Arcmap 10.2 and I am also expected to apply binary thresholding function with Ostu's method in Arcmap 10.2. I have searched a lot but I still don't totally understand how to use this function and what imagery could it accept. Can you do me a fever by telling me how the whole bunch thing works. THANKS VERY MUCH if you can see me !!!!

0 Kudos
EchoZhang
New Contributor

Hello RE

I think I have got it. : )))) Although now my problem is that I seem to lack arcgis 10.2.1 version....

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos