Base imagery displayed wrong though service overview is correct

Jump to solution
06-13-2013 12:47 AM
NeoGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III
I have 4 band NTF format imagery that I made a mosaic dataset out of.  When I open the mosaic dataset in ArcMap 10, the service overviews display fine other than needing some stretch and different band combo, but once I zoom down to the base imagery it displays incorrectly, almost as if it is using a different band combination for the base imagery. 

I applied an extract bands function using layers 3 2 1 and added a stretch function so now the service overview comes into ArcMap displayed perfectly, but zooming into the base imagery it is still messed up.  I have also calculated statistics. Once zoomed in to the base imagery, no combination of bands looks correct and it does not matter whether I use extract bands or not.

any ideas?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NeoGeo
by
The problem was a misunderstanding of the data on my part.  Each RGB image has a single band counterpart.  I simply built the whole workspace into my mosaic dataset as usual and as a result the single band images were displaying once I zoomed down to the base data.  What I needed to do was just build the mosaic dataset using the RGB images.  I did not notice initially when I brought the separate images into ArcMap because the stretch was so far off that all of the images looked panchromatic. 

I am still curious as to whether the single band images could be used to pan sharpen the RGB data, but I know nothing about this dataset and as usual there is no metadata.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NeoGeo
by
The problem was a misunderstanding of the data on my part.  Each RGB image has a single band counterpart.  I simply built the whole workspace into my mosaic dataset as usual and as a result the single band images were displaying once I zoomed down to the base data.  What I needed to do was just build the mosaic dataset using the RGB images.  I did not notice initially when I brought the separate images into ArcMap because the stretch was so far off that all of the images looked panchromatic. 

I am still curious as to whether the single band images could be used to pan sharpen the RGB data, but I know nothing about this dataset and as usual there is no metadata.
0 Kudos