ArcPro 2.2 and fmv

Jump to solution
07-05-2018 09:03 AM
Labels (1)
FaroukRohoman
New Contributor II

Just tried FMV with Arcpro 2.2.  Used the multiplexer to add MISB data to a video and got this error.

ERROR 002652: Unable to parse the header of the metadata file. Ensure each column in the metadata file corresponds to a legal MISB 0601 header, or that there is a corresponding entry in the metadata field mapping file.

I used the same video,  .csv metadata file and metadata mapping file in ArcMap 10.6 and they worked fine.  I noticed there was no option to set a base height just a DEM file.  Anyone else run into this problem?  Is there separate documentation for ArcPro?

Farouk Rohoman.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NickWallingford
Esri Contributor

Farouk, I've taken a look at the metadata file you've supplied to Cody, and you've done everything correct. There are some unfortunate shortcomings on our end, however. Fortunately, until we get this fixed, there's an easy workaround. In your metadata mapping file, everything should work fine if you change your pitch and roll to Platform Pitch Angle and Platform Roll angle. They're tags 6&7, all the way at the bottom of the metadata mapping file. on the 85th and 86th lines.

Sorry about that. We're working on a fix for this right now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Farouk

There is separate doc for Pro 2.2 here http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/analysis/image-analyst/introduction-to-full-motion-video-in-ar... 

Could you share your metadata file with us?  You don't need to give us all records, and you can blank out the Lat Long if desired to keep the location private, but I'd like to see all of your column labels and at least a few records.  Please also include your field mapping template if applicable.  We don't need your video file.

Thanks
Cody B.  

NickWallingford
Esri Contributor

Farouk,

As mentioned by Cody, we would like to see your metadata file in order to make progress on your primary issue.

But your second issue is an easy fix. Using separate fields for base height/digital elevation model from ArcMap were condensed into just one field in Pro. You can either type your base height (for instance, "150 meters" or "500 feet") or provide a link to an elevation service into the elevation field.

Good luck!

-Nick

FaroukRohoman
New Contributor II

Thanks Nick/Cody for the prompt responses

Farouk

0 Kudos
NickWallingford
Esri Contributor

Farouk, I've taken a look at the metadata file you've supplied to Cody, and you've done everything correct. There are some unfortunate shortcomings on our end, however. Fortunately, until we get this fixed, there's an easy workaround. In your metadata mapping file, everything should work fine if you change your pitch and roll to Platform Pitch Angle and Platform Roll angle. They're tags 6&7, all the way at the bottom of the metadata mapping file. on the 85th and 86th lines.

Sorry about that. We're working on a fix for this right now.

0 Kudos
FaroukRohoman
New Contributor II

Hello Nick and others

Thanks for the reply  I'll try this and let you know if it works

Farouk

0 Kudos
JakeSlyder1
New Contributor II

Hi Nick,

I think I'm having this same issue, but it's a little difficult to interpret your solution without seeing the the metadata file.  Were you just clarifying that you should use tags 6&7 in the field map instead of 90&91? I tried entering pitch and roll as both sets individually, but still getting this same error message.  Any other suggestions?  Working on Pro V2.2.0

Thanks

0 Kudos
NickWallingford
Esri Contributor

Hi Jacob, sorry for the very late reply. Yes, in Pro 2.2 the 90 and 91 tags should not be used. This will be fixed in 2.3.

In the meantime, can you send me your metadata file? I will direct message you my email address.

Thanks,

-Nick

0 Kudos
LucasMartinez
New Contributor II

Hi Nick Wallingford,

I am working with DJI Data Flightlog on APro 2.2.2. I tried this workaround but I am still getting the same error. As proposed by Jacob Slyder, is it possible to share a preview of properly working files (both metadata and field mapping?) for comparison? I would really appreciate.

Thanks for your response,
Lucas

0 Kudos
NickWallingford
Esri Contributor

Lucas,

I have attached two datasets for use with the video multiplexer. The metadata_465 set does not require a mapping file.

Additionally, I would recommend you update to 2.3.2 as quickly as possible, and to 2.4 when it comes out. (should be 1-2 months away) 2.3 fixed two important bugs in the video multiplexer, (one of which I mentioned in my July 6th 2018 post, and it might be the same problem you're having) and 2.4 will make the error messages significantly more clear. It will give you the specific values it won't accept.

Best of luck,

-Nick