ArcMap Raster Classification question

03-06-2019 11:33 AM
Labels (1)
JordanRowen
New Contributor

If I’m working with a raster that I classified and have calculated to only display water from a Landsat image.  What tool can I use in order to remove false positives caused by shadows when I am trying to display only valid bodies of water? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

I would suggest you look to the Classification Wizard in ArcGIS Pro. Its available with both Image Analysts and Spatial Analyst Extensions. See Reclassifier at the bottom of the following The Image Classification Wizard—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop . Its a interactive environment to enable reclassification. If you want to automate this with some logic there are a range of functions that you could apply to the image to for example to turn pixels that are black (all bands low) to undefined either before of after the classification.

0 Kudos
JordanRowen
New Contributor

I am on ArcMap,  and I know I need to utilize a slope raster from a DEM, Which I have. I just cant figure out what to do to incorporate the slope into the classification raster to only allow slope of 2 degrees or less to remove false positives that occur from shadowing.

0 Kudos