Apply False Color to Mosaic Dataset and store in GDB? Please help?

01-27-2015 05:19 PM
ChristieRajtarova
New Contributor II

Hi.

I am trying to apply false color edits to Imagery, here is my problem.

I received 20 RGBI tiffs from a client today.

As good remote sensing practice, I never manipulate the original images, so I avoid the mosaic to new raster tool at all costs.

What i've done is create a new mosaic dataset and add these 20 rasters as 4 band 8 bit unsigned images.

Now when I drag my mosaic dataset to my view in ArcMap, I have to adjust the Red= band4, green = band1 and blue = band 2

AND THEN, under the image analysis tool, I have to adjust the contrast and brightness settings, and the gamma stretch for each band.

Instead of saving it as a .lyr file, I am wondering if there is anyway I could apply my edits directly to my mosaic dataset in my geodatabase.

Someone at work has done this in the past. I have their original mosaic in a gdb, and an edited mosaic that I can drag into my ArcMap and their False color edits from a 4band mosaic are default.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Your question has been waiting a long time - sorry for the lack of reply.  Did you get this resolved?  Yes you can do it - you can create any number of Raster Function chains (e.g. Extract Bands followed by Stretch) and attach them to the Mosaic Dataset so you can easily recall any number of different renderings instantly.

See help here Editing functions on a raster dataset—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

and let me know if you need further assistance

Cody Benkelman